- Kidney Beans- 3 cups (serves 4- 5)
- Oil- 1/3 cup
- Water enough to cover the beans for Pressure Cook- 4- 5 cups
- Haldi (Turmeric) for colour
- Namak (Salt) to taste
- 4 Medium sized Onion- Paste
- 50gms Ginger- Paste
- 50gms Garlic- Paste
- 6 Medium sized Tomato- Finely chopped
- ½ cup Coriander Leaves chopped
- Garam Masala- 4 pinches each of
- Big Elaichi (cardamom)
- Small Elaichi (green cardamom)
- Cloves (Laung)
- Kali Mirch- (Black Pepper)
- Dalchini (Cinnamon)
- 2 Tejpatta (Big Bay) Leaves
1 big spoonful of Rajma Masala
- Soak the Kidney Beans Over- night or in hot water for 4 hrs.
- For Best Results, slightly roast the whole (Garam) masala & then grind them in pestle mortar.
- Heat the Oil in Cooker (4 or 5 ltrs cap)
- Fry the Onion & Ginger Paste for 2 mins.
- Add the Garlic Paste & wait for 3 mins before adding the tomatoes.
- Once the tomatoes are well done i.e., mashed & puddled, add the Spices & cook for ½ minute
- Add Beans, & enough water to immerse the beans ½ inches deep.
- Pressure Cook it for 20- 25 min on Medium Flame.
- Add chopped coriander before serving.