It’s December of 2010. If at all, it should have been eerily foggy, chilling and silent. This time, it’s a lot more than that. It’s been raining in and around where I live in Gurgaon.
It is soggy, like one of those ghost movie backdrop; today being slightly sunny as I write this here. Then again, in no time, it becomes cloudy and dark! I practically count the number of days left to hit winters.. I wish it was this weather- year around. Winters don’t make me feel gloomy or morose or wasted.
Instead, I become chirpier!
- One can wear as many colorful outfits without having to worry about shocking the onlookers- not that I really care.. 🙂
- Huge overcoats in all colors possible.. remember, I love colors?
- Matching mittens, socks, stoles, caps..
- I tend lose weight- naturally.. hehehe
- Makeup won’t become gooey.
- Sun won’t make my head greasy in a wink.
- Right temperature to stay in kitchen n cook. I so love to cook..
- Some year long awaited trips to SN, Dilli Haat and wherever else. Sun makes me feel sick and so, I stay indoors perched in front of my a/c unit.
- Alright, the list is endless.
For the last few times during this time of the year; this is what I have been doing. Enjoying my evenings with KFC Chichen, Vodka and a Wengers Cake (Do you see that Ring adorning my head..?) Mouth watering desserts make me drool my tongue out like an ever hungry canine!
I had gone to CP to collect my goodies.
I also ask for some extra nuts- c’mon, woon’t you love that little extra icing? Along with the cake, comes some chocolates too- so nice of that guy at Wengers. The KFC happens to be in the same building and block as Wengers. This time around, I also bought a few patties that that place is so famous for. Some Vodka and Sprite was bought from the local market around my home.
I consider myself to be blessed that my trip was cut short un- expectedly. Otherwise, I would have had to wait for yet another complete year to enjoy cold, cake and chicken.. !! If only whatever happened, had happened a little later; I would have lost a golden opportunity to make merry. Perhaps, I have become awakened. How else things could once again, turn around in my favor- resulting in this mini-cozy-celebration affair; in this manner?
Besides all my friends and contacts, I also thank:
- Blaga for her wonderful gift.
- Jamie for making me a winner.
- Gayle and Pat for helping me understand things about spirituality some more.. 🙂
- And everyone else who come and read me- just so often..
I am all set to Welcome 2011 through the New Year eve!! Wishing you all a warm winter evening.
Wishing you all a very Happy, Prosperous and Colorful New Year..
Also read => Realizations